Ductless Mini-Split Systems in Austin
Zoning Control & Energy Efficiency at Your Fingertips
Are you looking for a different way to heat or cool your home? Standard air conditioning and heating practices don’t work for all homeowners. This isn’t something that you have to become discouraged about— Intelligent Air Services, LLC can help you find alternatives that work for you. That’s where a ductless mini-split system comes in. Ductless mini-split systems help you zone your home cooling and heating, save energy, increase your comfort, and save money.
Intelligent Air Services, LLC specializes in ductless mini-split services in Austin. We can walk you through the entire process and ensure that your home is getting the best possible service available.
Don’t settle for amateur technicians—choose a qualified team! Contact us today to begin with a free estimate.
What’s a Ductless Mini-Split System?
Let’s start from the ground up—what’s a mini-split system? Well, a mini-split system (also known as a ductless mini-split or a ductless system) is a heat pump system that blows hot and cold air into your home without using a network of ducts. Instead of using ductwork, it uses individual air handlers installed throughout your home.
These systems are great because they can provide personalized, year-round comfort that’s perfectly tailored to the needs of your individual home. Every home has some temperature imbalances—i.e. your second floor being a lot stuffier than your first floor because heat rises. A ductless mini-split system allows you to work around these issues.
The Benefits of a Mini-Split System
There are so many benefits of ductless mini-split systems. A few of the highlights are the following:
- Zoned Heating and Cooling: Ductless mini-split systems can "zone" your home without the hassle of retrofitting a zone-controlled system in your home. You can give areas in your home that are difficult to heat or cool the special attention that they need.
- Avoid Energy Loss: Did you know that you can lose about 30% of your energy consumption for space conditioning to your ductwork? Dirty or gapping ductwork is a big energy sink. You can avoid all these problems with a ductless system.
- Cost Savings: Cooling and heating your home where you need to rather than where you’re forced to with a standard ducted system can help you save energy and money.
5 Ideal Situations for Going Ductless
- New home construction: Are you planning on building a new house? Having a ductless air conditioning system put in is a great way to free up space in your home that would otherwise go to the ventilation system. This will also give you more freedom when it comes to designing the house just the way you like it.
- Older and historic homes: If you live in a house that has no room in it for ductwork at all, going with a ductless mini split frees you up from needing to use inefficient window units to provide home cooling and give you the benefits of central cooling.
- Add-on rooms: Thinking of expanding your home with a new bedroom, study, or game room? You don’t have to drastically rework the current ventilation system to accommodate it: you can have a ductless mini split air conditioning system installed specifically to service the new space.
- Remodeling: If you are remodeling your home, a ductless air conditioning system gives you similar freedom to design the space as you want without concern for a complex ventilation system.
- People with allergies live in your house: Because ductwork might pick up contamination that can trigger asthma and allergies, going with a ductless system will help you reduce the danger to people in your home who suffer from these conditions.
THE DUCTLESS AC INSTALLATION PROCESS
To hook up a home for ductless air conditioning, our technicians will first determine how powerful a system is necessary to cool down the interior without energy waste. We'll work with you to decide how many indoor air handlers are necessary and which rooms they will go in.
The physical installation process usually requires a few hours and starts with setting up the outdoor condenser unit that contains the compressor and the coil that will exhaust heat to the outside. This unit is similar to the ones used for standard central AC and heat pumps.
We will then place wall mounts on the inside of the house where the air handlers will go and drill holes through the walls for the power and refrigerant lines that run from each air handler to the outdoor unit. The air handlers are placed onto the mounts, connected to the power and refrigerant lines, and secured in place.
Finally, your technician will charge the system with the appropriate amount of refrigerant and test all the air handlers to see that the system is working correctly and providing the cooling level it should.
When you trust your ductless AC installation to our experienced team, you'll be the proud new owner of a system that will provide your home with excellent, energy-efficient comfort for many years.
Intelligent Air Services, LLC Is Here to Help
We understand our ductless systems. You can come to us for all the work you need. We work with great ductless mini-split brands like Carrier to provide homes across the state with the heating and cooling power that they require.
Let’s say that you still want a little ductwork utilized in your home though. We understand that ductless systems don’t meet everyone’s HVAC needs all the time, which is why we offer ducted mini-splits too. Ducted systems utilize your ductwork and use mini air handlers that our professionals can mount out of sight and out of mind.
Call us at (512) 675-6997 to ask our ductless mini-split system experts in Austin about how to improve your home.