Now is the perfect time of year to schedule a service call for your heater. The fall has arrived here in Austin, TX, and while our winters are short, there are still plenty of chilly nights where you’ll be grateful for a reliable heater. A maintenance visit by a trained professional at least once a year can improve your heater’s efficiency a great deal, as well as identifying potential repair issues when they’re still small and able to be addressed easily. What, specifically does a heating service call entail? Here’s a brief breakdown:
- The technician turns off the system and checks for any leaks in the gas line and similar safety issues. Carbon monoxide, in particular, is a serious threat and the technician will make sure your system isn’t leaking any.
- The technician examines the ignition system or pilot light to ensure that it is functioning.
- The technician checks the limit control switch for any problems, and schedules repairs if any are detected.
- The technician examines the heat exchanger for any damage, particularly breaches or leaks.
- The technician checks for loose fittings on the venting and blower, as well as examining the length of the flue venting for leaks.
- The technician examines the blower motor, fan assembly, and wiring assembly for damage of any sort, as well as frayed wires or fittings.
- The technician will clean the air filter, or replace it with a new one if it’s replaceable. (The customer will need to provide the filter.)
- The technician will examine the thermostat and ensure that it is gauging the temperature accurately and that its controls are functioning as they should.
- The technician closes up the system and restores power, then runs it for 15–20 minutes to make sure it’s running the way it should.
If your system needs a service call, then give the experts at Intelligent Air Services a call today!