Georgetown, TX has already seen its share of hot spells this year, and the summer is getting ready to pound us flat in a few short weeks. If your air conditioner is experiencing trouble, now is the time to get it repaired before the summer heat begins in earnest. You should never attempt to repair an air conditioner yourself. It requires formal training, and the presence of chemicals like refrigerant constitutes a hazard unless you know how to handle them properly. Nevertheless, you can still spot the telltale signs that something is wrong with your system. Here are some common signals that your air conditioner needs repair:
- Strange Noises. “Strange” is defined as any noise that you don’t normally associate with your air conditioner’s functions. That can include hums, groans, clangs, whistles, and buzzes. Never attempt to run an air conditioner if you detect those noises coming from it.
- Higher Bills. Many times, there’s nothing stopping the system from functioning, but a given problem is forcing it to work much harder to cool your home. That will show itself in unexpected spikes in your monthly rates, especially if you haven’t used the system more often than normal.
- Lack of Cool Air. The system may be running just fine, but if the air coming out of it isn’t cool, it won’t be anything but a very expensive ceiling fan.
- Low Air Flow. If the fan motor is damaged or the filter is clogged, it’s going to lower the flow of air through the system. Like a lack of cool air, this will cause the air conditioner to work harder than it should, which will result in higher strain and higher bills.
- Frost on the Coils. Frost on the system’s coils is the sign of a serious problem. Never attempt to scrape off the ice—it may further damage the air conditioner—but shut it off and call a repair service.
Intelligent Air Services performs air conditioning repair throughout the area!