Heat Pump Installation in Austin
Versatile Home Heating & Cooling
Home heating and cooling setups typically involve the use of a furnace system and an air conditioning system. What you may not know is that there are other options out there, and one of them that you should consider is a heat pump. Heat pumps are able to both heat and cool from the same system, making them eco-friendly, energy-efficient, and cost-effective. Not every HVAC contractor is qualified to install and service these systems, so if this sounds like something you might be interested in, be sure to leave the job to the experts at Intelligent Air Services, LLC.
Interested in heat pump installation in Austin? Contact us now to request an estimate!
What Makes a Heat Pump Different?
Heat pumps are constructed just like a standard central air conditioner with an outdoor unit, an indoor unit, and a system of coils and refrigerant connecting the two systems. A heat pump works just like an air conditioner when it’s in cooling mode. The real difference between a heat pump and a standard AC system is the way that it generates conditioned air and its capabilities.
A heat pump works similarly to a central air conditioner in that it transfers heat—which makes it effective for cooling, and highly efficient for heating. If it’s hot out, the heat pump moves the hot air in your home outside to cool down your home’s internal temperature. In the winter, the flow of refrigerant is reversed, and the heat pump is used to warm up your home. Contact our professionals to learn more about this system.
Why You Should Consider Heat Pump Installation
- Heat Pumps are Cost-Effective. Heat pumps are easier on the wallet than other forms of electric heating because they move heat rather than generating heat or cooling constantly. Buying something like an electric furnace is better for the earth, but terrible for your budget. Get the best of both with a heat pump.
- Heat Pumps Both Heat and Cool. Heat pumps can heat and cool your home from one unit. This means that you only have to buy one unit to both heat and cool your home. This saves you money and a hassle.
- Heat Pumps Help You Save Energy. Heat pumps use 25-50% less electricity to operate than traditional air conditioners (and furnaces). They also do not use fossil fuel to operate, eliminating the need for oil or natural gas.
- Heat Pumps are Long-Lasting. The average lifespan of an air conditioning system is 10-12 years, while the average lifespan of a heat pump is 20-25 years.
- Heat Pumps Provide Even Heating and Cooling. Heat pumps cool uniformly, helping to reduce and eliminate hot spots. Additionally, the humidity level stays fairly constant because there is no forced air component.
Heat Pumps are a Great Choice for Austin's Climate!
Heat pumps tend to work best in geographical areas where winter temperatures don't dip below 40 degrees. Our weather is relatively mild here in Austin, so a heat pump does a great job at handling the process of converting energy to heat. If you do live in an area where it gets cold during the winter, you can still use a heat pump, but you may need to use it in conjunction with a second heat source.
Choose Intelligent Air Services, LLC for Your HVAC Needs
You can trust us with any and all of your heat pump services. We were ranked the #3 in the Top 8 Best Heat Pump Contractors in Austin in 2018 and 2019 because we really know how to install and service this type of system. You’re never going to worry about the quality of service that you’re getting because we’re NATE-certified professionals with years of experience.
We always provide the best services at the lowest prices possible because we care about the comfort of our customers. To begin, contact our Austin heat pump specialists today.