You may have heard about some of the benefits of going with a ductless air conditioning system, also known as a ductless mini split system: they save space, work at high energy efficiency, and avoid the issues that damaged and dirty ductwork can create. But a ductless AC is not always the top option for every customer, and at Intelligent Air Services we work closely with homeowners to help them find the best method for cooling down their home. If you are interested in installing a ductless air conditioning system for your home in Austin, TX or the greater Austin area, contact us today and we’ll help you make the choice about the best AC for your needs.
To help you get a sense of when a ductless air conditioning system is a good option, here are five ideal situations for going ductless:
- New home construction: Are you planning on a building a new house? Having a ductless air conditioning system put in is a great way to free up space in your home that would otherwise go to the ventilation system. This will also give you more freedom when it comes to designing the house just the way you like it.
- Older and historic homes: If you live in a house that has no room in it for ductwork at all, going with a ductless mini split frees you up from needing to use inefficient window units to provide home cooling and give you the benefits of central cooling.
- Add-on rooms: Thinking of expanding your home with a new bedroom, study, or game room? You don’t have to drastically rework the current ventilation system to accommodate it: you can have a ductless mini split air conditioning system installed specifically to service the new space.
- Remodeling: If you are remodeling your home, a ductless air conditioning system gives you similar freedom to design the space as you want without concern for a complex ventilation system.
- People with allergies live in your house: Because ductwork might pick up contamination that can trigger asthma and allergies, going with a ductless system will help you reduce the danger to people in your home who suffer from these conditions.
Give Intelligent Air Services a call today and ask about ductless air conditioning. We will be happy to guide you through how it works and what is necessary for installation. We offer full service for ductless air conditioning (and other types of ACs) throughout the greater Austin area.